Ah, May ... you flew by too quickly. Let's look back at what the Apache community has been up to this week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 June. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series.
- 11-14 June: Apache Roadshow Europe/Berlin --event within FOSS Backstage https://foss-backstage.de/
- 24-27 September: ApacheCon North America/Montreal http://apachecon.com/acna18/
- 8 October: Apache Roadshow and Open Source Job Fair/Fairfax, VA --Save The Date!
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield brilliant performance at 99.74% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 521 Apache contributors changed 1,033,320 lines of code over 3,212 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Paul King, Syeda Persia Aziz, Zhang Duo, Daniel Sun, and Mark Thomas.
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
- Apache Groovy 2.5.0-rc-3 released http://groovy.apache.org
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak™ –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.9.2 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Lucene™ Solr™ –an Open Source enterprise search server based on the Lucene Java search library.
- [CVE-2018-8010] XXE vulnerability due to Apache Solr configset upload http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201805.mbox/%3C08a801d3f0f9%24df46d300%249dd47900%24%40apache.org%3E
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute Big Data.
- [CVE] Announcement for Apache NiFi 1.0.0 - 1.5.0 http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201805.mbox/%3C8DD0F0D5-D38D-4EF2-8B1A-3068B9E73DC6%40apache.org%3E
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java library for working with PDF documents.
- Apache PDFBox JBIG2 ImageIO plugin 3.0.1 released https://pdfbox.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ JMS –newer JMS client supporting the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464), based around the Apache Qpid Proton protocol engine and implementing the AMQP JMS Mapping as it evolves at OASIS.
- Apache Qpid JMS AMQP 0-x 6.3.1 released http://qpid.apache.org
Apache Wicket™ –Open Source component-oriented Web framework.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® WicketTM v8.0.0 https://s.apache.org/aUcD
Apache ZooKeeper™ –a high-performance coordination service for distributed applications.
- Apache ZooKeeper 3.5.4-beta released http://zookeeper.apache.org/
- [CVE-2018-8012] Apache ZooKeeper Quorum Peer mutual authentication http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201805.mbox/%3CCANLc_9LvCcPaG9zZzKH8MFEcaaGgUjLyJrgA%2B7xVqNK6MJQZKA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Did You Know?
- Did you know that project-specific tracks and dedicated events co-located at ApacheCon North America include CloudStack Collaboration, Geospatial track, and TomcatCon? http://apachecon.com/acna18/
- Did you know that Netflix captures 500+B daily events using Apache Hadoop, Kafka, and Spark? https://projects.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache Superset (incubating) is an enterprise-ready Web application for data exploration, data visualization and dashboarding? http://superset.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
- Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Open Expo Europe - 6-7 June 2018 in Madrid https://openexpoeurope.com/
- Meet members of the Apache community at Open Expo Madrid 6-7 June 2018 http://www.openexpo.es/en/
- We're teaming up the Apache Roadshow Europe with Berlin Buzzwords - 10-12 June 2018 (Apache Lounge dates: 11-12 June) https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- The 2018 Apache EU Roadshow will be held during FOSS Backstage in Berlin 13-14 June 2018 https://foss-backstage.de/
- Apache Big Data project communities will be participating at DataWorks Summit 17-21 June 2018 in San Jose https://dataworkssummit.com/
- ApacheCon North America will be held 24-27 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
- Save the Date: Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source/Government/Cyber/Job Fair - 8 October 2018 in Fairfax, VA http://apachecon.com/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary: November 2017 - January 2018 https://s.apache.org/UtBD
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #