Welcome, June! The Apache community is wrapping up the week with the following activities:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 June. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Sponsorship –individual donors and corporate sponsors who support the ASF.
- The Apache® Software Foundation Announces Added Support by Oath to Help Apache Infrastructure https://s.apache.org/eTNY
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series.
- 11-14 June: Apache Roadshow Europe/Berlin --event within FOSS Backstage https://foss-backstage.de/
- 24-27 September: ApacheCon North America/Montreal http://apachecon.com/acna18/
- 8 October: Apache Roadshow and Open Source Job Fair/Fairfax, VA --Save The Date!
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield thriving performance at 98.87% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 517 Apache contributors changed 1,105,368 lines of code over 3,240 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Zhang Duo, Gary Gregory, Stephen Mallette, Jesus Camacho Rodriguez, and Willem Jiang.
Apache Flink™ –an Open Source stream processing framework for distributed, high-performing, always-available, and accurate data streaming applications.
- Apache Flink 1.5.0 released https://flink.apache.org/
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
- Apache Groovy 2.5.0 released http://groovy-lang.org/
Apache Ignite™ –a memory-centric distributed database, caching, and processing platform for transactional, analytical, and streaming workloads delivering in-memory speeds at petabyte scale.
- Apache Ignite 2.5.0 released https://ignite.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak – a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.6.12 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache NetBeans (incubating) –a full IDE for Java SE development.
- Apache NetBeans incubating 9.0 RC1 released https://netbeans.apache.org/
Apache OpenMeetings™ –provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
- Apache OpenMeetings 4.0.4 released http://openmeetings.apache.org/
Apache Pulsar (incubating) –a highly scalable, low latency messaging platform running on commodity hardware.
- Apache Pulsar 2.0.0-rc1-incubating released https://pulsar.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ Proton –a messaging library for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464, http://www.amqp.org).
- Apache Qpid Proton 0.23.0 released http://qpid.apache.org
Did You Know?
- Did you know that project-specific tracks and dedicated events co-located at ApacheCon North America include CloudStack Collaboration, Geospatial track, and TomcatCon? http://apachecon.com/acna18/
- Did you know that Apache Ignite v2.5 scales to thousands-nodes clusters to meet the demands of massive mission-critical deployments? https://ignite.apache.org/
- Did you know that Amazon Web Services' Neptune uses Apache Tinkerpop graph computing framework? http://superset.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
- Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache
provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
# # #